Shoes for Souls
Be the hands and feet of Jesus.
Shoe Drive for Kenya
Capitol Church, in partnership with Needs Met, will be collecting new and gently used shoes to raise funds to send to Kcom and support people in 3rd world countries that desperately need shoes.
In the US, most own at least 10 or more pairs of shoes. Did you know that globally, 300 million people can’t afford good shoes?
Many do not have any shoes at all. Many serious health conditions are absorbed through the feet because of lack of shoes. This includes infections, amputations and even death.
- With a new pair of shoes, you can help a girl in Africa get to school, giving her the power to get an education and a job.
- You can help a man or woman in Guatemala enter the workforce, saving their family from poverty.
Donated shoes will be sent to impoverished people in 3rd world countries where they will be used to create self-sustaining jobs so families can put food on the table. Revenue from the sale of these shoes will be used to support KCOM (Kenya College of Ministry) where countless people are being changed.
For more information on Kcom, go to kcomonline.org
A single pair of shoes can change an entire generation. Be the hero that makes that change happen!
Details on how the drive will work
- Go through your closet and gather up as many new and gently used shoes as you can. (See “DoDont” flyer for what shoes are acceptable to Donate)
- If each person, or family, in the Church commits to collecting 25 pairs of shoes, we will reach our goal easily (25 pairs of shoes will fit in a large trash bag. We will be supplying these trash bags. We should have those soon)
- Please pair up your shoes by using a rubber band, or tying the shoe strings together (Not too tight please)
- Bring your shoes to the Church in a bag (We will be setting up a collection area for these)
- Contact Needs Met to make arrangements for the pick-up of large qualities (25 pairs or more)
- Talk to others and collect shoes from them (See Below for ideas)
Ideas on where to find shoes
- Family members
- Community (We will be organizing a Shoe and clothing Drive in the community. Stay tuned for Details next week)
- Your child’s school (Contact me for details on the school. I can supply you with materials)
- Sports teams
- Civic Groups
- Church Youth
Countries that shoes are sent to
Haiti , Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Columbia, Peru, Chile, Morocco, Algeria, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo, Benin, Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana, Ukraine, Eastern Europe, Lebanon, Jordan, India, Philippians
For additional ideas on how and where to collect shoes, or if you have any questions, contact:
See Our Video
Do You Have Questions?
Needs Met is all about meeting the needs of people. God meets needs, but he uses you and me to do this work. Needs Met is a registered 501 (c) (3) (tax exempt) organization, Federal ID #46-1945431. Any contribution that you make to Needs Met is tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.